2021 a Year to Remember!
The Strathalbyn Conveyancing team celebrated 2021 recently with a trip in the Creek Cruiser to local Langhorne Creek wineries, and lunch at Lake Breeze. Such a wonderful area with great little gems in our own backyard!
This year has seen a boom in the property market that not many had predicted. Our team grew by one (and a half), Michelle heading out on maternity leave, with Archer making an appearance in the middle of the year. Belinda joined our team as a Conveyancing Assistant and quickly learnt the ropes in a busy office. Together with Sue, Karen and Nicole we have all been working hard to get settlements through on time and with a minimum of stress for our clients!
We put our heads together and came up with the top 5 hints and tips to ensure property settlements are as stress free as can be – we can all do with a little less stress at the end of the year!
5 Hints and Tips for a Smooth Settlement
Leading into Christmas many industries are very busy, property and banking included! If you have bought or sold during this time, there are a few things that you can do to make the process smoother:
- Return Bank Mortgage and loan documentation as soon as possible. The banks need time to do their verification and checks, so the earlier you can return their documentation, the easier it is for them to meet your settlement date.
- Request the discharge of mortgage for a sale as soon as practical, making sure to complete all the information they require (including loan account numbers). Some banks are needing 15+ working days to process applications for discharges of mortgages, the more notification time they receive, the better.
- Have your ID documentation handy to produce to your Conveyancer and Banker for verification of your identity. Make sure when packing that you leave out your Passport, Birth and Marriage Certificates.
- Ensure rate payments are up to date and you have copies of the latest bills with receipts to present to your Conveyancer. This helps with Verification of Authority, the preparation of settlement statements and the arranging of funds as part of your settlement.
- Make a list, check it twice – no, not the Christmas list – but a “to do” list, that way things won’t get missed. Especially when it comes to letting authorities and companies know about your change of address.
We hope you find the above list helpful in the lead up to your settlement during the crazy Christmas season and as always if you have any queries, please contact our office.
Strathalbyn Conveyancing would like to take this opportunity to thank all our wonderful clients for a fabulous year and hope that you have a safe and enjoyable Christmas and a very Happy New Year. We will be continuing to operate from our quaint little cottage office at 10 Catherine Street in 2022 and beyond, so if you have any Conveyancing queries, please call in and see us!