Selling a Property
Selling a Property
When selling a property, you need to ensure that the Contract of Sale includes any special conditions you require to complete the transaction. This can protect you from potential conflict later.

Sellers must have a Vendors Statement as part of the sale, Strathalbyn Conveyancing will conduct title and planning searches that are a critical part of this Statement.

Vendors are locked in from the time they sign the Contract of Sale, therefore it is essential that the Vendor fully understands what they are signing and their obligations under the Contract. Strathalbyn Conveyancers will check your Contract and provide advice on any moderations required.

Once the Contract of Sale is signed by all parties then Strathalbyn Conveyancing can start the process of transferring the property from the Seller to the Buyer.

The Conveyancer will liaise with the Sellers Bank (if required) and any other interests on the Title. They will adjust rates and taxes and advise Council, SA Water and Revenue SA that the property has changed ownership.

The transfer of a property is a complex series of tasks that require knowledge and skill and for this reason Strathalbyn Conveyancers are all Qualified and Licensed.

Buying a Property
Buying a Property
Buyers need the services of a conveyancer to prepare the transfer documents and ensure that the property being bought is rightfully and legally transferred to them.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing will ensure that you are aware of any conditions in the Contract of Sale. We will also provide details of any planning restrictions or other details you should consider.

It is a good idea to have your conveyancer read your Contract of Sale BEFORE you sign it.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing can make adjustments before settlement so that you only pay property costs from the date of settlement, and not earlier. Those costs include council rates and water charges.

There are many important factors to consider when buying property, our Conveyancers will ensure you are fully aware of all stages of the Transaction and that you are aware of any special conditions.

Conditions you may need to be aware of include:
• Requiring funds from the Bank to complete settlement
• If you need to sell and settle your property before you can purchase the new property.
• Building and pest inspections
• If the Vendor has agreed to do complete work on the property prior to settlement

One of the major services that a Conveyancer carries out is arranging the details of settlement.

Settlement is the official legal process when the ownership of a property passes from the seller to the buyer.

The seller usually sets the settlement date in the Contract of Sale.

If your property is sold with vacant possession you must vacate the property prior to settlement.

Adjustments of rates (council, water, strata) are calculated as at the day of settlement and included in the balance of funds payable on settlement.

In some cases, there may also be a land tax adjustment.

On Settlement Day, your Conveyancer meets with the other party’s representatives to exchange documents and organise for funds and ownership of the property to be transferred.

Buying or selling a home? We’ll assist you every step of the way from contract signing to settlement.

If you are selling or purchasing residential property to live in or as an investment, we can assist you with the legal requirements, liaise with your financier and manage the settlement process.

Buying or selling your home can be one of the most exciting yet stressful times and there can be many confusing elements to consider.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing can advise and guide you through the settlement process to ensure everything runs smoothly.

It is a good idea to contact us before you sign the Contract of sale. We will go through the Contract and Form 1 with you, provide advice and answer any questions you may have.

We will ensure that you are aware of the implications of special conditions, inform you of your obligations and responsibilities, explain the settlement process and ensure the Contract and Form 1 meet your requirements.

Land Divisions
Land Divisions
We are able to prepare the documentation required to subdivide land. We help manage Torrens Title and Community Title developments in South Australia.

We can assist and give advice to land owners who are considering subdividing their property.

You should have a plan of how you wish to divide the land, and make sure that your Council will allow the subdivision to proceed.

A Surveyor will be able to divide the land, and submit all the documents to Council.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing will work with your Surveyor to prepare the documents required and lodge them with the Lands Titles Office.

The SA Government has information on the Land Division process.

Family & Matrimonial Transfers
Family & Matrimonial Transfers
Whether you are adding a new partner or removing a person from the Certificate of Title, Strathalbyn Conveyancing can prepare the documentation you need to transfer property between individuals.

It is highly recommended that you seek legal advice from your Solicitor before commencing the transfer of any property to ensure all parties are protected.

During the transfer process we liaise with all legal and financial organisations to ensure Settlement is completed smoothly.

Buying or selling a farm?

Strathalbyn Conveyancing have extensive experience in this area and can assist with your rural transaction.

Farm land and rural property transactions can include plant, equipment, stock, water rights and more.

Commercial transactions can be complex.

With over 30 years of experience, Strathalbyn Conveyancing can guide you in this complicated matter.

We are experienced in preparing commercial leases and can provide specific clauses to suit individual properties and client requirements.

If you are buying an existing business or intending to sell one that you own, we can help you with the contract and settlement process.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing can complete the settlement for the sale or purchase of business.

We are able to assist with the following:
• Review and negotiations of Lease
• Preparation of Contract and Form 2
• Provide advice and review Contract and Form 2
• Business name and contact changes

Form 1 Documentation

This document is the formal statement from the Seller about details of the property being sold.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing can check that the form has been completed correctly, and advise on any inclusions that need to be drawn to the attention of the Buyer.

Property Searches

Strathalbyn Conveyancing will complete a property search for the property you are interested in buying or selling.

These searches include contacting the Local Council and Government Departments, conducting a Certificate of Title search and any other searches for anything that affects the property.

Verification of Identity

Legislation now requires your conveyancer (or an agent appointed by the conveyancer) to verify the identity of each client through a face to face interview and must certify each document lodged with the Lands Titles Office.

They must also verify that you have the authority to enter into the transaction

Deceased Estates

A key element of dealing with a deceased estate is the transmission application. This allows either the sole proprietor or tenant in common of a property to transfer their share of the property to the beneficiaries.

If you have been appointed as an Executor of a will you may be required to file an application for Grant of Probate or Letter of Administration.

If the deceased was a sole proprietor or tenant in common, a Transmission Application will need to be lodged once Probate letters have been granted. These letters transfer the deceased’s property or portion on the property to you, the executor. From here you’ll then be able to transfer the property onto the beneficiaries.

Strathalbyn Conveyancing will guide you through this process, ensuring that it is a stress-free and smooth experience.